We are an up and coming eCommerce startup based in New York City connecting millions of shoppers in Latin America and the Caribbean sellers locally and abroad onna single web platfrom.
- A fearless warrior looking to apply your coding chops to solve meaningful challenges
- Looking for an environment where you can grow with a diverse and fun bunch while building a global brand.
Position: PHP Developer
We are looking for a PHP Developer responsible for managing back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Write “clean”, well designed code.
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Can effectively collaborate with other technical experts on the team and with 3rd parties.
- Can give technical direction aligned with the business vision and mission.
- Can pull in web developer resources (front end, back end, ui/ux, etc.) when needed and potentially manage a team.
- Produce detailed specifications and documentations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven software development experience in PhP, MySQL
- Other languages and coding skills are helpful because there is opportunity to build on top of our existing platform to customize features.
- Familiarity with Smarty Templates or eCommerce platforms are an advantage
- Has experience with front end and back end development
- Has experience in common third-party APIs (paypal, etc.).
- Has a track record of meeting deadlines.
Stock Equity: 12% to 20%