Thursday, March 23, 2017SBP at Lake Nona, Medical City
9:00 am - 1:00 pmRegistration is from 8:30 am - 9:00 amQuestions? Contact us at GenomicsMedicine2017@SBPdiscovery.org
This symposium will focus on cancer genomics medicine and the role of genomics in cutting-edge clinical and laboratory research and cancer care management. Leading genomics scientists will discuss bench-to-bedside application of the latest discoveries in the field.Topics Include:• Next generation DNA sequencing and related technologies• Prognostic and diagnostic cancer genomics markers• Genome restructuring and editing• Genomic-guided drug therapies• Personalized medicine
Featured Speakers• Jane Gibson, Ph.D. University of Central Florida
• Lawrence Lesko, Ph.D. University of Florida College of Pharmacy
• Jonathan Licht, M.D. University of Florida Health Cancer Center
• Jeffrey Boyd, Ph.D. Miami Cancer Institute at Baptist Health South Florida
• F. Daniel Armstrong, Ph.D. University of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
• Garth Powis, D. Phil. SBP Medical Discovery Institute, NCI-designated Cancer Center La Jolla, CA
• Gary Schroth, Ph.D. Distinguished Scientist, and VP at Illumina Corporation
• Richard Finkel, M.D. Nemours Children's Hospital
LEARN about the latest advances in genomic medicine.
DISCOVER best practices and challenges facing the implementation of genomic and personalized medicine.
STRATEGIZE how to integrate genomic testing and interpret results to patients and families.
Who Should AttendMedical researchers, physicians, medical students, health care professionals and pharmaceutical and biotechnology company representatives.
This symposium is partially funded by the Bankhead-Coley Cancer Research Program which is administered through the Florida Department of Health.