As part of WP Engine’s rapid growth, we’re seeking SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS to join our team. These developers will have a passion for building and supporting the platform our customers (and WordPress developers!) love. They find solving problems irresistible, and always on the lookout for more. They also enjoy working collaboratively within a small, team-focused, start-up environment.
Our developers work together on a diverse team of PHP and WordPress experts and collaborate with one another on challenging and fulfilling projects.Specifically:
- Developing in-house and customer-facing tools to automate processes, proactively detecting and fixing problems, empowering tech support, and supporting customers - especially customers who are highly technical developers
- Developing brand new web applications for WordPress consultants
- Optimizing slow sites from every point in the stack -- in-browser, caching, PHP profiling, and MySQL
- Debugging non-trivial problems with websites
- Developing and releasing open-source plugins to the WordPress Community
Specific QUALIFICATIONS for this position include:
- Experience in at least one full lifecycle of product development and launch, including working with new clients to gather requirements, having strong coding ability and the talent to test coding, and finally handing the finished product over to happy customers.
- You take a creative approach to solving problems (and get a natural high from solving them)
- You believe using a profiler is fun (like a treasure hunt)
- You love your text editor but still like talking to customers directly, and you get a rush when something you have created makes a difference (you made my day!)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are a must
- You can work independently, managing own deadlines, but you also see “code review” as a chance to learn as well as to teach
- You possess the ability to multi-task, and you thrive in a dynamic, small company / or startup environment
- You’re an enthusiastic user of PHP or have at least a working knowledge and the desire to learn more
- Having WordPress experience is a major plus
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, OR equivalent experience
What BENEFITS does WP Engine offer?
- Competitive salaries
- 100% paid employee medical and dental coverage
- 100% paid short and long-term disability
- 100% paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Generous vacation time
- 24/7 parking in the heart of downtown Austin
- Commuter reimbursement
- A beautiful office space with lots of natural lighting
- Flexible hours to help you balance your work with your life
As a US employer, WP Engine is required to verify all employees, regardless of citizenship or national origin, are eligible to work in the United States.