HomeAway.com Inc. is an exciting, international, profitable, professionally-managed company that has transformed the market and become the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace. We are searching for an experienced Technical Product Manager for our search and geospatial data technologies that power our core value proposition for helping our travelers find the perfect vacation rental.
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, analytical, detailed and results-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills and a strong work ethic. We're looking for a leader with a passion for both product and engineering that has a strong blend of user experience, product and technology skills. The Search and Geo PM will collaborate with our traveler front-end teams to design the optimal search experience, and with our engineers to deliver a robust product solution that is highly available, performant and scalable. The Search and Geo PM must have a detailed understanding of HomeAway’s search and geo technology stack and the underlying data structures. Experience with search and geospatial data technologies and proficiency with SQL is a must to be successful in this role.
- Establish and lead the Search and Geo Product Line Team with ownership of our global search experience, search technology platform, and processes for managing our geographic breakdown structure(s) and geoplacement of properties.
- Develop and execute the vision, strategy and roadmap for ensuring every HomeAway traveler can easily find the perfect vacation rental using our search and geospatial data technologies.
- Partner with the Traveler and Mobile product line teams to deliver a holistic search experience on HomeAway’s online and multi-channel platforms that caters to casual and power users, and integrates geospatial, social and POI data in a manner that is intuitive, productive and a pleasure to use.
- Act as the product champion and evangelize the product vision effectively to stakeholders and independently drive alignment on product requirements.
- Conduct competitive analysis to identify gaps and opportunities that will further inform the product roadmap for our search and geo platform.
- Collaborate with other product line teams to ensure we identify, capture and maintain the supporting location data and data integrity required to deliver a world class search experience.
- Evolve the search experience through a “hypothesize, test and learn” orientation, informed by A/B testing and statistical analysis of traveler search behaviors.
- Proactively communicate and coordinate with other teams around releases.
- Manage resolution of urgent technical issues, communicating with global business stakeholders and escalating as necessary to ensure timely resolution and minimize business impact.
- Track and report on key metrics.
- 5 or more years of IT systems or Product Management experience in one or more of the following areas: Web/Search Application management, Application delivery, IT/system product design and product strategy, Business process reengineering
- Multiple years of experience in delivery and daily management of search technologies for high-volume/high-transaction websites in a global environment
- Experience with leveraging geospatial data and technologies to improve multi-channel customer experiences.
- Strong SQL skills are required to empower the Search and Geo PM to mine and analyze data regarding site behavior, usage and data integrity
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
- Capable and comfortable straddling technology, product and business issues
- Able to manage multiple, ongoing, complex development projects while delivering on schedule
- Demonstrated experience in adopting product management best practices, standards and policies
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience in the travel vertical + eCommerce, including behavioral analysis/optimization is a plus
- eCommerce and consumer nehavior (including is a plus
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Must be willing to travel internationally, upon occasion