Java Engineer, eCommerce
HomeAway is seeking an enterprise Java engineer that can help drive the HomeAway eCommerce development team's world-wide technology platform into the future. As a Software Engineer on the HomeAway eCommerce development team, you will work closely with the product and development teams to leverage our existing high availability, distributed Java based architecture to build the suite of new products that will empower HomeAway's customer base with tools to help manage their properties across HomeAway sites world-wide. This technology is the heart of HomeAway's offering to property owners and will have a huge impact on the business.
We are solving hard problems with cutting edge technologies - innovation, creativity and a broad background in modern server side Java technologies are essential to success in this role. We are an Agile team, with bi-weekly sprints and a strong belief in test driven development that allows us to deliver results that drive the business every day.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher, preferably in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years overall development experience, preferably with direct experience delivering a consumer-facing web application.
- Results oriented, self managed individual - proven track record of delivering on your estimates with minimal oversight.
- Leads by example in all aspects of software development - simple, elegant, scalable, well tested, documented.
- Ability to assist in coordinating efforts with a mix of onshore and offshore developers
- Java/Open-source expertise (Java 1.6, Spring, mybatis, Hibernate, Jibx, Lucene, Resin, JMX, svn, etc...).
- Proven expert in Java web applications development.
- Strong software development skills (configuration management, issue tracking, estimation, Agile/Scrum).
- Rabid testing advocate and expert (Junit, SoapUI, Selenium, Emma).
- Experience with large distributed applications is a plus as is building/operating highly available systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
HomeAway, Inc. is the worldwide leader for vacation rentals on the Internet. The HomeAway portfolio of vacation rental sites includes the leading sites in the US, HomeAway.com, VRBO.com, CyberRentals.com, A1Vacations.com, GreatRentals.com and TripHomes.com, and the leading websites in the UK, France and Germany, Homeaway.co.uk, Abritel.fr and FeWo-direkt.de respectively. The company also owns sites in six other European countries.
Led by an experienced team of online and travel industry experts, HomeAway is based in Austin, Texas and is funded by leading venture capital firms Austin Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, American Capital, Institutional Venture Partners and Trident Capital.
Location will be Austin, Texas. Limited travel will be required, if any.