In this key executive support role, the individual will collaborate with HomeAway’s executive leaders and senior management team in developing HomeAway’s strategic priorities. These priorities will be supported by an annual planning process led by the Director of Strategy, which culminates in an effective, operationally sound three year plan for the company, as well as plans for each business unit and support function. These plans will include, clear goals and enablers, such as product roadmaps for major product and development initiatives as well as tight linkage with the annual budgeting process.
In addition to leading the strategy process, the Director of Strategy supports the executive team by leading the quarterly business review process and supporting the quarterly Board of Directors meetings by developing the agenda and contents for discussion. The previously mentioned responsibilities account for 50-60% of this positions scope. Remaining time will be dedicated to strategically important projects that the company needs additional leadership to execute successfully against.
• Lead annual development of corporate strategy, culminating in the following deliverables:
I. Global leadership summit
II. Crisply articulated mission, vision, strategy, and 3-year objectives
III. Aligned annual corporate, business unit, product, and operational priorities
IV. Annual revenue and investment plan
• Originate new business growth ideas, directly and in conjunction with the organization, and contribute to validating the most promising ones.
• Facilitate the execution of strategic imperatives, signaling problems and roadblocks, and helping to identify solutions to those problems.
• Clearly communicate to our global employees on our vision, the necessary steps to achieve that vision, the longer range strategic implementation plans and each group’s roles and responsibilities.
• Support the executive team on ad-hoc projects that enable success against critical levers of our strategy.
Ideal Candidate Profile
To be successful in this role, you will have a strong track record of leading complex global strategic programs in a highly matrixed operational setting.
• Demonstrated experience working across functions and influencing without direct control of resources
• Expertise in strategic business analysis and problem solving
• At least 3 years experience in a top tier consulting firm, with demonstrated management experience and excellent performance reviews
• MBA preferred
• Demonstrated partnership and people skills
• Ability to self-motivate, manage and work independently
• Expert facilitation, communication and program management skills
• Demonstrated international business experience, ideally multi-lingual
• Experience and interest in traveling internationally frequently