If you love databases, have a solid understanding of data modeling principles, have the ability to convert complex requirements into efficient data structures, and enjoy working in a fast paced environment with developers and DBAs, this is the job for you!
- Determine business requirements, build physical models and plan system architecture.
- Work with software engineers and data engineers to ensure the overall application design is optimal.
- Participate in design and code walkthroughs, peer reviews, and produce technical documentation
- Participate in data modeling, schema design, and query reviews.
- Design, implement and operate database systems for performance and reliability.
- Design and implement measurement systems to assess service delivery and key performance indicators of critical applications.
- Administer production and development databases, ensuring maximum availability.
- Create ETL scripts to load data between systems.
- Build database tools and scripts that enable automation of tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline or equivalent professional experience.
- 3+ years experience in Microsoft SQL Server database technologies.
- Experience creating conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Familiar with data modeling tools such as PowerDesigner, ERwin, ER/Studio, or Toad.
- Hands on experience developing stored procedures, functions, and triggers.
- Ability to estimate development tasks accurately and meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in an agile team environment
- Understanding of code promotion, version control, and QA procedures
- Microsoft Database Certifications
- Experience working a software developer
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services, Integration Services, and Reporting Services