Bank Transfer, ELV, Giropay, SEPA, Sofortüberweisung, Boleto, Bradesco, ELO, Carte Bleue... do terms like these ring a bell with you?
HomeAway is seeking a senior Java developer with demonstrated experience building global payment solutions that can help lead the HomeAway ecommerce development team's solution for accepting and settling traveler payments around the globe.
As an architect on the HomeAway Ecommerce development team, you will work closely with other product and development teams throughout HomeAway to leverage our existing high availability, distributed Java based architecture to build the suite of new products that will empower HomeAway's owner, traveler and property manager customers the ability to takes payments and to reserve and pay for rental properties and add-on products around the globe.
We are solving hard problems with cutting edge technologies - innovation, creativity and a broad background in modern server side Java technologies are essential to success in this role. We are an Agile team and a strong belief in test driven development that allows us to deliver results that drive the business every day.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher, preferably in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
• 8+ years overall development experience, preferably with direct experience delivering consumer-facing and web-based ecommerce applications with global payment options.
• Results oriented, self managed individual - proven track record of delivering on your estimates with minimal oversight.
• Leads by example in all aspects of software development - simple, elegant, scalable, well tested, documented.
• Java/Open-source expertise (Java, Spring, REST, git, MyBatis, Jersey, JSP, jetty, JMX, etc...).
• Proven expert in Java web applications development. While front end expertise is a plus, we're more interested in back-end experts.
• Strong hands on software development skills (coding, configuration management, issue tracking, estimation, Agile/Scrum).
• Unit testing advocate and expert (Junit, Selenium).
• Experience with large distributed applications is necessary as is building/operating highly available systems.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
HomeAway, Inc. (NASDAQ:AWAY), based in Austin, Texas, is the world's leading online marketplace of vacation rentals, with sites representing approximately 742,000 paid vacation rental home listings throughout 171 countries. HomeAway® offers an extensive selection of vacation homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online. The HomeAway portfolio of websites includes HomeAway.com, VRBO.com and VacationRentals.com in the United States; HomeAway.co.uk and OwnersDirect.co.uk in the United Kingdom; HomeAway.de in Germany; Abritel.fr and Homelidays.com in France; HomeAway.es, Toprural.com in Spain; AlugueTemporada.com.br in Brazil; and HomeAway.com.au in Australia.